Friday, January 16, 2009

Seneca "Sennie" Sunshine Suetos

July 3, 1993 - Jan. 17, 2009  (16 years old)

Sennie is a gift in my life.  As Sam says, "Seneca is a beautiful spirit in dog's clothing."  I like that.  And it is true.  She's been my dog for 13 years.  And Sen, Sennie-Pennie, has been a pleasure and a joy.  And sometimes, well, stinky, poopy, scratchy and loud (mucho-barko).  But I would do every bit of it over, and over again...even the nights where she needs  3 to 4 trips to go outside to the bathroom.   

Every friend of mine became and 'Auntie' or an 'Uncle.'  She has had a lot of dog friends over the years too - Moose, Devie Dog, Rosie, Lucy, Terra, Yeti, Switch, Bernie, Rainy, Cosmo and Dango :) and more... And she has the best Grandma any dog could hope for - Jeanne 'Nene.'

Seneca has wagged her tail on t.v., she's moved to interesting places, she once chased away a burglar, she nipped  Jen's doggie 'Sailor' while on a hike and he had to get stitches (sorry), she was surprise attacked by a neighbor dog... Many adventures.  

Mostly she's been...my dog.  My wonderful true sweet 'Spirit in dog's clothing.'  How blessed am I.  I hope she feels as loved as she makes me feel.  Turn up your speakers  & click 'play', here's a little look at us recently:    (special thanks to Matt Smith & Cassie Jo - great photos!)




For her last night (tonight) I threw her a little party with lots of bacon!  I do believe between the bacon, the love, the pets, the kisses and the belly rubs - this has been one heck of a celebration!

I will miss her.  We will miss her.  It will be so strange without our morning walks.  Her kissing spot.  The way her head smells.  The sound of her breathing.  The sound of her snoring!  Her pink tongue.  HOWLING!  The softest ears.  Saying "Paw, Paw," so she'll put her foot through her 'clothes.'  I'll miss how sometimes she liked food more than me.  I'll miss her following me from room to room. Talking to her - actual conversations (I swear she listened).  Singing songs to her and singing songs that I alter to insert her name into - like "Oh, Sen-e-ca (Canada)."  So very many songs.

It will be hard for awhile but I know I am better for this time with her.  She helped 'grow me up.'  And I'll be with her again.  I love her.  I love her.  She's my friend.  My dawghter.  Goodbye sweetie face.  You're a GOODGIRL.

Thank you to everyone who came into Sennie's life and loved on her.  She loved you very much.




From Courtney.  Thank you, my dear friend (I'd like to share this part - it's beautiful):

Did you know that the Mayans believed that dogs were sacred to humans?  It was because of their unique position within the structure of their world.  It was thought that they bridged the animal and human realms, almost an ambassador between the two.  Because of that position and their connection to humans they were considered sacred beings.  Statues from this era often depict a human and a dog sitting across from each other and "kissing" or sharing breath.

I believe in that sacred connection and it has been a privilege to witness your love and friendship.  You and Seneca are so special and treasured.  Steph, Seneca is a part of you and I know that this is unspeakably difficult.  It's no secret that she has been one of the most important loves and friends of your life...now and forever.

Tomorrow will be hard and I will be thinking of you.  And I will be there.  Just call me...maybe we could go on a walk?  I love you and I'm going to miss Seneca.  I'm just so sorry.

Your friend - Courtney Michelle







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seneca -
I loved you like you were my own. All those times I shared my dinner with you when your mom wasn't looking. May you have as many fries, burritos and carrots as you can eat in your next home. I'll missy you Penny - you were such a good girl!

Love,
Aunt Stacey

Steph & Sam said...

Sennie,

I'll never forget you. Your heart, your airplane ears, chewing your paws. Thanks for taking care of Steph all these years. I hope to cross paths with you again someday.

Love,
Sam

Unknown said...

Seneca Peneca Poo,

I am so sad that you are gone. I will miss hearing what's going on with you, and both Cosmo and I will miss going on walks with you when we visit. I think Cosmo looked up to you. Thank you for being so good to, and so good for, my friend Stephane. We will never forget you! Your light shines on!

Love,
Sara (and Cosmo)