Monday, January 19, 2009

Reflection this morning

When the heart grieves what is lost, the spirit rejoices over what is left. -Sufi saying


A road made of dirt turns to mud in the rain and often we get stuck.

A road made of smooth concrete becomes slick at the slightest moisture and we often slide off.

A road with a good foundation - dirt/concrete with rocks and pocks, this road, is the one we can best grab onto and move forward with.

As is life - the beautiful times, the giving times, the loving times, connects us with the road, like tires with deep treads.

As is life - the tough times, the painful times, the confusing times, actually gives us the right foundation to grab on and propel forward.


I woke up today with a peaceful tender feeling. Holding on is not an option. I mourn and honor, reflect and release. Things are different today without her here. Our time together was sacred and the lessons that relationship teaches me helps me connect to my road. The feelings of loss I am experiencing will help to build my foundation. Every situation and being provides a gift and I don't have to work to find the gift that Seneca has been to me. I feel spirit everywhere and in me. I remain open to life's lessons, and I know all is well.

No comments: